Monday, March 8, 2010

Put Something Here

So since Hannah wanted this project to have some personal significance i decided to try something that had to do with my passion for music. I happen to enjoy music in every way possible way from creating it to simply being an avid listener. Nothing puts a smile on my face like music can when I stumble across a new sound or something original. When thinking about how to do a musical installation, I naturally came across some terribly difficult ideas like a listening booth or just like a pair of headphones, a play button, and a response book. I thought it would be neat to see what kind of emotions I could evoke through some of my own small scale recordings, but then I decided I wanted to have people really participate in the creation of the music so I decided to strategically place a blank piece of sheet music that says add a note...any note.. and so now we wait to see what will happen. I need to wait a little bit so my next post will have the pictures and the sheet music.

No comments:

Post a Comment